Monday, September 26, 2005

into every life....

A little rain in Greensboro last night; and that's a good thing. It's too late for the plot of dirt that I used to call my front yard. Even the weeds have abandoned my little corner of real estate.

Summer started off with plenty of rain - no need for sprinklers. When it all dried up, I refrained from watering because I was trying to be a good citizen. My neighbors might say that I was just ready to be done with mowing season, but that's just a rumor.

I'm afraid to aerate this season for fear of jarring my fillings loose. Those aerators aren't meant to bounce across petrified dirt. Looks like another year without an award-winning lawn.

It's a fine line between being a good citizen and a neighborhood annoyance. As a small favor, let me ask that you ignore the petition that's going around seeking my eviction.

1 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger David Wharton said...

Don't water (I didn't). Enjoy the rainfall at night (as I did when it put me to sleep last night). Ignore the pleas of your neighbors.

And set your Blogger comment settings with Word Verification to block comment spam!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home