Monday, November 28, 2005

Gaspy's Holiday Intrusion

Gaspy is a nickname for Grimsley High School principal Rob Gasparello. I don't know who came up with this moniker, I am simply reporting what my daughter heard around school. To my knowledge the man does not have respiratory problems, it's just what the kids made out of his name.

I have not had any personal interaction with Mr. Gasparello, but he has managed to piss me off just the same. At noon on Thanksgiving day we had a call at the house. Family or friends wishing us well on the holiday? No, it was a recorded message from Gaspy. What was so important that he had to interrupt a family holiday? Well it seems that there was a football game on Friday night.

Now, I have nothing against football; I even attended a game earlier in the season. Like a lot of parents, I am pleased that Grimsley is doing well this year and I follow their progress in the paper. But, if I was really interested in the playoff game, I would have already been aware of the schedule. As it was, I felt as though he had intruded on a special occasion for no good reason.

This wasn't the first time that we have been bombarded with inane tidbits of campus minutiae. Gasparello likes to tell us what clubs are meeting and who got pinned and the song list for the marching band at least once or twice a week. Who in the Guilford County School system gave this guy access to the same annoying technology that telemarketers use to ruin dinner times throughout the country?

Give it a rest Gaspy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home