Friday, October 20, 2006

Re-Drawing History

I'm sure you have heard the term re-writing history and it is usually considered a bad thing. My question is, would it be OK to do a little image touch-up?

I do not wish to dishonor the memory of the thousands of men lost in battle, the agony of the wounded or the atrocities of war, but I must admit that whenever I see this famous picture of the soldiers raising the American Flag on Iwo Jima, I want to fix it.

You see, I think it would have made a much better picture if the men were facing the other direction. They should have their shoulders against the wind with the flag blowing out behind them. It would look more like they were overcoming adversity that way.

See what you think after a little Photoshop magic. What inspired this post? There is a new movie out called Flags of Our Fathers directed by Clint Eastwood. I don't know if this flick is any good, but I may go see it just to find out if Clint had the foresight to point the wind machine in the opposite direction.

1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is not wonderfu;;


U.S. Soldier Reported Missing in Baghdad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home